Thursday, March 31, 2011

Theme Thursday - Animal



Here's fun meme, hosted by Reading Between Pages:

*A theme will be posted each week (on Thursdays)
*Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from the current book you are reading. *Mention the author and the title of the book along with your post

*It is important that the theme is conveyed in the sentence (you don’t necessarily need to have the word)


Mine is from page 17 of Beaglemania by Linda O Johnston:

Typically, in puppy mills, adult male and female purebred or designer dogs were bred over and over again, procreating as fast as nature allowed, until they could no longer reproduce, and then they were adopted out too. Or kicked out on the street. Or, much too often, they were in such bad shape that they had to be euthanized if taken to a vet or a shelter.

5 comments:

Yvonne said...

I want to read this one! It sounds like a good book.

Bev Hankins said...

Oh! Hate puppy mills! Don't know that I could read about them.

Very sad snippet.

Thanks for stopping by mine.

Sophia said...

Oh,sad snippet! I've seen this book around and it looked quite fun. I'll keep an eye out for your review.

Unknown said...

Very sad...I have two beagles and I hate the thought of that happening to them.

My segment is from Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban this week.

kavyen said...

So sad.. reminds me of a program I once watched about how animals are treated. I wish people were more considerate.