Monday, March 7, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Dynamic Duos

The "Top Ten Tuesday" meme is hosted by
The Broke and The Bookish, and this week's topic is
Top Ten Dynamic Duos (those bff's, partners in crimes,
or powerful couples that you just can't forget about).
For this topic I've decided to stay away from the classics. Most of my fovorites will be touched on by others, Holmes & Watson, Scarlett & Rhett, Elizabeth & Darcy, Tom & Huck, Arthur & Guinevere......

1. Dave Robicheaux and Clete Purcell: from James Lee Burke's Dave Robicheaux series, one of my favorites. Both are damaged souls, violent, but at heart good guys.

2. Stephanie Plum & Ranger (or Morelli): from Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series. Laugh out loud reading.

3. Chet and Bernie: from the Chet and Bernie mystery series by Spencer Quinn. This is a fun series with a great partnership. Chet is a dog and these are told from his point of view.

4.Precious Ramotswe and Grace Makutsi: The main characters of Alexander McCall Smith's The Ladies No. 1 Detective agency series. This is not a series of edge of your seat thrillers rather each story is low key, sometimes sad, sometimes sweet. Mma Ramotswe always approaches her cases with wisdom, intelligence, and patience. Mma Makutsi is her assistant.

5.Eve Dallas and Roarke: from the ......In Death series by J.D. Robbs. This series is set slightly in the future which is what attracted me to it in the first place. Each story I've read has been good.

6. Rachel Morgan and Jinks
: from the Hollows series by Kim Harrison. This is one of my favorite urban fantasy series.

7. Adelia Aguilar and Sir Rowley Picot: From The Mistress of the Art of Death series by Ariana Franklin. This is a wonderful mystery series set in the time of King Henry II. These stories are addicting with great historical details.

8. Harry Dresden & Michael Carpenter: from The Dresden files series by Jim butcher. This series was actually my introduction to urban fantasy. I was hooked after I read the first book, Storm Front.

9. Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee
: The Lord of the Rings :)
This was my first read in fantasy. It was such a great read.
10. Serge A. Storms and Coleman: The Serge Storms series by Tim Dorsey. The books in this series never fail to make me laugh. Serge is a serial killer who only kills bad guys and is obsessed with all things Florida.

8 comments:

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I adore Precious and her boyfriend/husband. Great choices for your list.

I decided to focus this time on oppositional duos in children's books. Here's my post: http://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2011/03/top-ten-dynamic-duos.html

I'm a new follower!

Falaise said...

I had Dave and Cletus too. I almost included Stephanie but couldn't work out whether to pair her with Morelli, Ranger or Lula. Good list.

Jess (Gone with the Words) said...

I haven't read any except the first Harry Dresden book :( Will get right on it though! ;)

New follower
Jess @ Gone with the Words

Anonymous said...

great choices,pls stop and see mine.

Birdie said...

Precious and Grace are awesome! Wish I'd thought of them

Katie said...

I stuck to children's books on my list, but I definitely would have included Eve and Roarke otherwise. Great choices!

Christina / Book Addict said...

You've got some really unique choices on this list. I especially love Frodo and Samwise. Love Lord of the Rings!! Thanks for visiting my list.

Two Bibliomaniacs said...

Great list! I was so close to adding Mma Ramotswe to my list. I loved the relationship between Ramotswe and Makutsi in Tears of the Giraffe.