Saturday, March 19, 2011

Theme Thursdays (Crockery/Utensil)


Theme Thursdays, created by Kavyen @ Reading Between Pages, is a fun weekly event that will be open from one Thursday to the next. Anyone can participate in it.

The rules are simple:
*A theme will be posted each week (on Thursday’s)
*Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from the current book you are reading
*Mention the author and the title of the book along with your post
*It is important that the theme is conveyed in the sentence (you don’t necessarily need to have the word)
Ex: If the theme is KISS; your sentence can have “They kissed so gently” or “Their lips touched each other” or “The smooch was so passionate”

My snippet is from Play Dead by John Levitt.

I was hungry, but the fridge didn't hold much of interest. I dug around and came up with some cheese, so I made a couple of grilled cheese sandwiches, the old-fashioned way, in a frying pan with a plate on top of them to provide the proper weight for grilling. (pg. 173)

4 comments:

kavyen said...

Oh, how often have we grilled this way. The old fashioned way of sandwiches can never go wrong.

Thanks for participating...

Shellabelle said...

lol, this is how I did it in college! Thanks for visiting my theme Thursday.

Unknown said...

A Fantastic range of modern and classic Crockery are available at sensible prices to help create that perfect dining experience.

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

I've never tried that method for making grilled cheese sandwiches! Since I like adding a fried egg to the sandwich, I don't press down too hard with the spatula.