Monday, April 11, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday-Ten Books I'd Like to See Made Into Movies

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the


This week the topic is:

The Top Ten Books I'd Like to See made Into Movies

It was kind of hard to stop at ten.....

*The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley This is the first book in the Flavia de Luce series and is such a lot of fun. I keep picturing kids to play Flavia. This would be sure to be a hit at the box office.



*The No1 Ladies Detective Agency - OK, I know this has been a special on TV but I haven't been able to see it. I read this several years ago and have kept up on the series, each book as lovely as the last. I would truly love to see it become a movie.


*The Three Miss Margarets by Louise Schaffer - This wonderful story of three women ageing gracefully together in the south while keeping a lifelong secret would make a great movie.


* Divine Justice by David Baldacci - This book was a thriller, a real page turner, so I think a movie would have to be an edge of your seat viewing treat.


*Thanks for the Memories by Celia Ahern - This was one of my favorite books in 2009, one that I will revisit. I think with it's touch of the paranormal and the right man to play the lovable and at times crabby father I'm sure this movie would be one I would re-watch.


*The Help by Kathryn Stockett - Great book...need I say more?


*Boneshaker by Cherie Priest - As popular as zombie movies are I think that this mix of steampunk type sci-fi with zombies would be unique and would find a large viewing audience. Very entertaining!


*Void Moon by Michael Connelly - The author himself said in an interview: "It is basically a caper story and a chase story. Hollywood usually can make these fairly well." I'll have to go with him, this has enough action scenes to make any action movie watcher happy.


*The Same Sweet Girls by Cassandra King - This is a favorite of mine. I read it several years ago and still rememmber lots of it. It is sweet and sad and would make the perfect chick flic.

*Blue Heaven by C.J. Box - This was a page turner with a bittersweet ending. "They" could make a wonderful action tear jerker out of this one. C.J. Box is one of my go to authors, I read anything he puts out.


6 comments:

Two Bibliomaniacs said...

I watched the pilot of The No1 Ladies Detective Agency and was very impressed. HBO did a great job. Don't have the movie packages anymore so I haven't seen the other episodes...

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

No. 1 is a lovely miniseries. I hope HBO will make more. I rented these through Blockbuster Online, btw. Hope you will get to see them.

Here's my post for this week's Top Ten.

Sarah (The Brazen Bookworm) said...

They're making a version of The Help! I think it comes out this fall, but I saw some stills from the film and it looks great. They even gave Kathryn Stockett a cameo appearance, complete with a beehive. :) New follower.

Lisa said...

I think The Same Sweet Girls would make a wonderful movie. I really like that novel too!

Yvette said...

Great choices. I most especially would like to see SWEETNESS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PIE made into a film. THE HELP is alredy in production for, I think next year.

Anonymous said...

I'm a huge fan of the #1 Ladies books and I haven't seen the mini-series either. Hope I can track it down one day, I think it'd be so fun to watch.