Thursday, April 14, 2011

Theme Thursday - Emotion

Theme Thursdays


Love this new badge for Theme Thursday!

Theme Thursdays, hosted by Reading Between the Pages, is a fun weekly event that will be open from one Thursday to the next. Anyone can participate in it. The rules are simple:


•A theme will be posted each week (on Thursday’s)

•Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from the current book you are reading

•Mention the author and the title of the book along with your post


•It is important that the theme is conveyed in the sentence (you don’t necessarily need to have the word)


The theme this week is EMOTION. Mine comes from page 15 of Jewel by Brett Lott:


"Pastor had only nodded, took off his hat, held it with both hands. For some reason I thought I could see fear in his face, as though her merely meeting his eyes were enough to destroy him, or as though she'd suddenly become someone else, a woman with standing, bearing, a voice he knew he had to listen to. "


This book was published in 1991. It is a bittersweet read so far, the struggles these people really tugs at my heart strings.

7 comments:

ham1299 said...

Wow, that's a really good one.

Thanks for stopping by Proud Book Nerd. I'm following you now. :-)

Unknown said...

Sounds fabulous.

Marla said...

Thank you for stopping by and for your comment on my blog theme. I really like it, as well. :) Have a good evening!

Unknown said...

great choice for this theme!! I haven't heard of this book before. Thank you for stopping by my blog.

Bookgirl ( My Book Addiction )

Landslide said...

What a lovely snippet.
Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Sophia said...

Brilliant snippet, I love the sound of your book. Thanks for popping in to my blog :-)

Natalie W said...

The passage that you used sounds powerful! I'll have to check this one out.
Thanks for stopping by!
Natalie ;0)