1. Favorite childhood book? The Black Stallion
2. What are you reading right now? Jewel by Brett Lott & Secrets to the Grave by Tami Hoag
3. What books do you have on request at the library? Electric Barracuda by Tim Dorsey
4. Bad book habit? I have way too many books in my TBR...I need to stop buying books and read the ones I have.
5. What do you currently have checked out at the library? Secrets to theGrave by Tami Hoag
6. Do you have an e-reader? Yes, I LOVE my Nook.
7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once? I'm usually reading one and listening to two at any given time. I listen to one in the truck on the way to and from work or town and there is one on my iPod (borrowed from the digital branch of the library) that I listen to while working around the house.
8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog? Yes, they have. I never before kept track of my books. Also I am joining challenges which have widened my reading range.
9. Least favorite book you read this year (so far?) Horns by Joe Hill
10. Favorite book you’ve read this year? I can't choose just one so I'll limit myself to 3: A Red Herring Without Mustard Corduroy Mansions A Prisoner of Birth
11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone? I don't read out of my comfort zone much, I, trying to read more nonfiction and within the last year or so I've started to read more YA but it is an uphill battle.
12. What is your reading comfort zone? I read lots of mysteries, urban fantasies, children's picture books, literature, most anything.
13. Can you read on the bus? No buses to ride around here, except the school bus. :) I can read in the car so I suspect I could read on the bus.
14. Favorite place to read? On the couch or in the bed
15. What is your policy on book lending? I don't generally lend books I really want to keep, I just give away some of my paperbacks. I have a few friends who are readers that I can trust with any of my books.
16. Do you ever dog-ear books? I always have a bookmark.
17. Do you ever write in the margins of your books? No
18. Not even with text books? Well, in text books I highlighted and wrote.
19. What is your favorite language to read in? English - can't read any other language
20. What makes you love a book? If it makes me care
21. What will inspire you to recommend a book? If I read a book I know a friend will like I'll recommend it, I don't have friends who read urban fantasy or sci fy so I don't recommend those. It just depends on who the people are.
22. Favorite genre? mystery thrillers, urban fantasy, fantasy....well most anything
23. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did?) Non Fiction, I'm making myself read more of it
24. Favorite biography? Born Naked about Farley Mowett. Loved it, love his books.
25. Have you ever read a self-help book? Lord, Teach Me to Pray by Kay Arthur
26. Favorite cookbook? The Recipe Hall of Fame Cookbook
27. Most inspirational book you’ve read this year (fiction or non-fiction)? Chasing Fireflies by Charles Martin - The dad's sacrafice was truly inspiring.
28. Favorite reading snack? Chips and a coke - yum
29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience. The closest to this would be Little Bee. The back of the book went on about how magical the book was. It was totally different than I expected. it was good, don't get me wrong, but it wasn't magical.
30. How often do you agree with critics about a book? I don't read many reviews
31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews? I don't like to do it, but I will tell how I feel and try to remain respectful.
32. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you chose? Russian
33. Most intimidating book you’ve ever read? Crime and Punishment - whew!
34. Most intimidating book you’re too nervous to begin? War and Peace. I don’t know if I’ll ever even try that.
35. Favorite poet? Robert Service, T.S. Eliot
36. How many books do you usually have checked out of the library at any given time? 5 or 6
37. How often have you returned book to the library unread? Too many to count
38. Favorite fictional character? If I had to choose just one it would be Dave Robicheaux
39. Favorite fictional villain? Hannibal Lector
40. Books I’m most likely to bring on vacation? Light fun reads like Janet Evanovich or Jennifer Crusie.
41. The longest I’ve gone without reading. Hummmmmm
42. Name a book that you could/would not finish. I can't think of one....
43. What distracts you easily when you’re reading? the dogs, husband, house work,
44. Favorite film adaptation of a novel? Gone With the Wind
45. Most disappointing film adaptation? The Hitchiker's Guide to the Universe. LOVED the book, not the movie 46. The most money I’ve ever spent in the bookstore at one time? Around 60 dollars
47. How often do you skim a book before reading it? Never
48. What would cause you to stop reading a book half-way through? I find it frustrating when the author adds lots of little rabbit trails and odds and ends that do not help the story along, I've been temped several times on this account to just lay the book aside.
49. Do you like to keep your books organized? They are loosley organized by genre
50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once you’ve read them? I keep most of the hardbacks and trade or give away the paperbacks
51. Are there any books you’ve been avoiding? Anna Karenina - I have been meaning to read it for years....
52. Name a book that made you angry. The Story of Edgar Sawtelle
53. A book you didn’t expect to like but did? Nights in Rodanthe
54. A book that you expected to like but didn’t? The Picture of Dorian Gray
55. Favorite guilt-free, pleasure reading? Mysteries!