Friday, April 22, 2011

April Reading Wrap-Up

April was another great reading month. I completed two more challenges: The Audiobook Challenge. This one went a lot faster than I anticipated. I attribute that to the new digital branch of our library. I can sit at home and borrow books on my iPod, love it. And I completed the What's In a Name 4 Challenge.


My favorite children's book this month, read for the Read To Me Picture Book Challenge was Wet Dog. What a fun little book!


I read my second Chunkster Challenge book for the year: Jewel by Brett Lott. It also worked for the Oprah's Book Club portion of my personal 5 x 4 Reading Challenge and was the final book needed for the What's In a Name Challenge 4. It provided an interesting look at how one family delt with a child with Down Syndrome in the 40s on up. It aslo provided a look into race relations on an everyday basis in rural Mississippi and California during that time period.

My favorite books of the month were Deeper Than the Dead and Secrets to the Grave by Tami Hoag closely followed by The Red Queen by Phillipa Gregory. My least favorite were The Devil's Right Hand and Against Medical Advice.

3 comments:

F.A.Ellis said...

Interesting! I heard about Tami Hoag,and her books. Nothing,but good things.
http://treasuredspotbookreviews.com

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

I need to update my challenges.... so behind :)

samantha.1020 said...

Sounds like you had a good month of reading. I think that I'm going to have to go request Secrets From the Grave from the library so I can read it soon :)