Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday - Most Hilarious Book Titles


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This week the theme is REWIND! Go back and pick up a theme you didn't get to participate in. I have chosen to list book titles I thought was funny.

1. You Suck by Christopher moor. What made this really funny to me was that it was about....Vampires! I can always count on Moore for a laugh.

2. Stop Dressing Your Six-Year-Old like a Skank: And Other Words of Delicate Southern Wisdom by Celia Rivenbark. This woman cracks me up. Her books are collections of articles and essays she writes for a newspaper.

3. Hammerhead Ranch Motel by Tim Dorsey - I have followed this series for some time. Serial killer and all time Florida trivia champ Serge Storms blows from one end of Florida to another visiting places of historical significance, dragging his stoned sidekick, Coleman, with him. Along the way they find evil doers that just need killing. Some of them very creative to say the least.

4. The Sweet Potato Queen's First Big-Ass Novel by Jill Conner Brown - I haven't actually read this one but it is one my list just because of the name.

5. Tomb With a View by Casey Daniels - This cozy-ish, paranormal mystery series is really entertaining. The first one I read, Don of the Dead, hooked me, and I thought the title was pretty cute - a nice play on words - as the dead guy who came to Pepper for help was a mafia Don when he was alive.

6. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies - I re-read Pride and Prejudice before I read this just to be able to compare the two. It was great, offbeat reading fun.

7. To Fetch a Thief by Spencer Quinn - this is one of the Chet and Ernie mystery series. With a title like that you know the main character is a dog. I can't wait till the next one comes out.

8. Big Trouble by Dave Barry - Well the title isn't particularly funny but the book is hilarious! Get it and read it.

9. Tea Time for the Traditionally Built by Alexander McCall Smith - one of the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency books. Love the name, love the book.

10. So Long, and Thanks For All the Fish by Douglas Adams - This is the 4th book in the Hitchiker trilogy. What can I say? Though I didn't find It quite as funny as the first three, it was still a good read.

I just have to add these two:

11. Why Beulah Shot Her Pistol Inside The Baptist Church by Clayton Sullivan - This is one that I just knew I would like but was somewhat disappointed in. The title was so great, it made me laugh.

12. Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris - What a fun read this was! If you haven't read this you should at least check it out. This isn't a novel, it is a series of essays on his childhood and life in general.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I listened to one of the Sweet Potato Queen's books on CD. She's one of the few authors who can pull of narrating her own book.

David Sedaris is always good.

LBC said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Sedaris is hilarious and I keep hearing good things about Christopher Moore.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Good list - i have only heard of a couple of those but never read them!

Have a great day :D