Monday, December 28, 2009

Books for Christmas

I'm not doing Mailbox Monday since I didn't actually get any books in the mail this week, but I did get these under the tree. For Christmas my DH got for me audio books!


And Another Thing. I loved the Hitchiker series by Douglas Adams so this was a must have for me. It promises to be just as funny. We shall see.




Unseen Academicals. Well, I've read many Terry Pratchett books and found them all highly entertaining. This is the newest and I wanted it. I expect to be highly entertained! It works out good since I joined the Terry Pratchett Reading Challenge and the Totally British Reading Challenge.



He also got some books for me, not on CD. They are:

Hogfather by Terry Pratchett

Had to have it. I was going to go ahead and read it now but then I joined the Terry Pratchett Reading Challenge, so I'll just hold it over till next year!




Elvis and the Dearly Departed. This single book has several things I have a soft spot for: dogs, cozy mysteries, southern settings, & humor. With any luck I've found another series to read!


The Greatest Generation. I've been wanting this one for awhile so now I have it! Thanks DH.

4 comments:

Natalie Shinn said...

I'd like to see if the Greatest Generation is a good read...So be sure to post a review/your opinion of it! :)

joyh82 said...

Elvis and the Dearly Departed sounds right up my alley. Have a Happy New Years!

Jen said...

Elvis and the Dearly Departed sounds awesome! I am going to have to look into that one and Oh my I have recently became a huge Terry Pratchett fan! I have almost all of those on my wish list. :) Have a Happy New Years hon!

Anonymous said...

I've been looking all over for this!

Thanks.