Saturday, November 21, 2009

Sure Miss My Library!


Not very long ago the roof of our library caved in. Above is a picture from the Library's site that shows the fallen ceiling being propped up. The books have been removed now and are awaiting a new home. Rumor has it that the city is going to purchase the Mall in order to provide said new home. The library will go in one end where, many years ago, there was a small K-Mart store.

I really miss the library. It was small but wonderful. And it saved me a lot of money! :) I always watched for the new popular novels and I always had books on CD checked out. I've been buying used books on CD from our local used book store.

Suggestions from librarians there helped me find some of my favorite authors and series. I enjoyed talking to them and getting their views on books.

The children's librarian there is wonderful. She is very enthusiastic and energetic. She used to work at my school and did a great job engaging the children.

3 comments:

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Oh wow! Thats awful! I would be on stand by to help move the books! Hopefully they get into a new home soon.

Jen said...

That is awful hon! I hope they get it back up and running soon! Any more news on purchasing the mall?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.