Sunday, February 27, 2011

It's Monday What Are You Reading?


It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is hosted by Sheila at One Person's Journey Through a World of Books. We discuss the books that we've read and what we're planning to read for the week.

Read and reviewed this week:
The Forest of Hands and Feet by Carrie Ryan
I am trying to make a point to read more YA novels this year, so I chose this as one of the first ones. It was a page turner for sure. It is a dystopian
story that have been continued in two more books.
The Fourth Man by K.O. Dahl
This Scandinavian mystery was a dark tale that led a twisty path to the end. I'll read more by this author.
Ibis: A True Whale Story by John Himmelman
This is a children's picture book that I read for the Read to Me Picture Book Challenge. The pictures are nice and the story catches the kids attention. I like it.

Listened to and reviewed this week:
A Red Herring Without Mustard by Alan Bradley
I LOVE this series starring the precocious 11 year old Flavia de Luce. The reader did a fantastic job, Flavia's moods, thoughts, and quirks were wonderfully rendered. Read it or listen to it, just don't miss it. I listened to this one on my iPod while working around the house.
A Prisoner of Birth by Jeffrey Archer
This was a really good court procedural. It was not a thriller but it kept my interest all they way to the end. It was a long book so took two or three weeks of listening to finish it. I listened to this in the truck on the way to and from work and town.

What I'm reading and listening to this week:
Reading:
Dreadnought by Cherie Priest
Lone Star Noir edited by Bobby Byrd & Johnny Byrd

Listening to:
Chasing Fireflies by Charles Martin (iPod)
Jolie Blon's Bounce by James Lee Burke (I'll finish this one tomorrow or the next day and start:)
The Glass Rainbow by James Lee Burke

I have really been enjoying a lot of books on my iPod lately since I don't have to buy them any more. That's right! Our library now has a digital branch and I can download audio books from the library to my iPod. YEA!

5 comments:

Teddyree said...

Quite a line-up on your read and audio list. 2010 was the year of YA fiction for me and I adored most of the books I read. The Forest of Hands and Feet has been on my bookshelf for a while; glad you enjoyed it.
Have a great week and happy reading :)

Jennifer said...

What a lovely and fun line-up of books! Have a brilliant week. My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/02/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-28.html

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

I want to read A Red Herring Without Mustard, but I'm going to read The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie first as I've already read the 2nd book and loved it.

Marce said...

Flavia was my favourite character last year, I need to read the 2nd and 3rd book now.

I'm a new follower.

My post

http://teawithmarce.blogspot.com/2011/02/what-are-you-reading.html

Shirley said...

Sharon, thanks for the visit to my blog. I've seen so much about A Red Herring Without Mustard and just read your review. I simply must get this book.

You would find Fires...fascinating. It is a quick read, not even an entire day's worth, but entertaining while throwing in a bit of cause and effect. It's amazing how quickly Mr. Keyworth comes to his conclusions. It is available on Amazon too.

PS I am your newest follower! I love a good mystery!